Ecom Express, a leading technology-enabled end-to-end logistics solutions provider to the e-commerce industry, has announced its Ecom Cares program under which an array of financial and non-financial assistance schemes have been rolled out for the family of employees in case of their untimely demise, owing to COVID or any other reason.
Announcing the program, T. A. Krishnan, Co-founder and CEO, Ecom Express, says, “As a people-centric organization, our endeavor has been to provide constant support to all our employees and their families through various measures and initiatives in these challenging times. Losing a family member is a great setback, and no family is immune to the impact of such an event.”
“Ecom Cares is our commitment to the affected families that in case of an unfortunate event of the demise of an employee, we will do our best to help them get back on their feet. Our aim is not just to provide the much-needed relief to our employees and their families in the current pandemic situation, which we pray gets over soon, but to continue delivering care and strength through our evolving measures even in the years to come,” he added.
An array of benefits from Ecom Express
Financial Assistance: The beneficiary will receive the monthly salary of the deceased employee for a period of 2 years. This benefit will be provided over and above the existing Death Benevolent Fund (DBF) scheme of the company, which provides a one-time lump sum amount to the deceased’s family.
Compassionate Employment: In case of death or permanent total disability of an employee, Ecom Express would employ one dependent family member such as a spouse, child, or sibling, nominated by the employee. The employment will be provided based on the qualification and skill of the beneficiary. The company, however, will also provide focused training for capability development into the role that the beneficiary receives.
Education for children: Under this policy, Ecom Express will cover the expenses towards the education of two children of the deceased, up to class 12th. In case the children are not of school-going age, they can be enrolled for this benefit once they reach that age.
The policies of this program are meant for all employees retrospectively, starting 1 April 2021.
Ecom Express has also rolled out various COVID relief measures to help employees battle the challenges posed in recent times by the second wave of coronavirus. These include:
- Procurement of oxygen concentrators for employees and their families.
- Creating an in-house developed web portal for employees to find relevant leads to critical COVID-related resources, such as oxygen cylinders, ICU beds, hospital lists, vaccination alerts, and so on.
- Free vaccination for all employees.
- Facilitation of RT-PCR and other COVID-related tests.
- Tie-ups with service providers for virtual medical consultations, discounts on online medicine and lab-testing, etc.
- Free transportation of essential items for employees and their families using the Ecom Express network.
- A dedicated helpline service for employees to seek any information related to COVID Care initiatives provided by the company.
Besides ensuring the safety and security of its employees and their families, Ecom Express is working round the clock to ensure that all the assistance and support is provided to them on priority.